Search This Blog

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Time to catch back up

I feel I have not blogged in so long. It really hasn't been all that long but there has been so much activity in our home lately. My youngest daughter has begin walking. I both love and dread this stage. It is the beginning of such an exciting time for her as she is able to engage with her siblings so much more easily. She explores the house most of the day, rarely sitting still. We all cheer for her when she manages to take several steps in a row. On the other hand, she falls and bumps herself regularly, which is not at all easy to watch. She is so lovely and I hate to see her with a bonk on her noggin. It is also the beginning of the end of her baby days. Now that breaks my heart. Can't she just stay a tiny little one just a while longer? As I type this I am so emotionally torn. She is a little person, not just my infant girl. There is a time for everything and this is the time for baby steps, as hard as it is. Atleast she is still willing to hold my fingers while she toddles along. I know the day is coming when she won't need that any longer. Oh, sob. Sometimes it is so hard to be a mommy.

We also have weathered two bouts with some sort of stomach bug, the return to college courses for myself, several serious snows and are still looking for the perfect new to us truck for my husband. For the record, I am pretty sure I have logged over 500 hours in used car lots in the last month. Oh. The. Boredom. It is very fortunate that 1) I always carry pretzels and animal crackers. 2) I have internet on my phone. 3) I brought my yarn and had plenty of projects to complete. I literally began and ended a scarf and wore it because it was too chilly to peek in locked truck windows on a Sunday afternoon when the lots were closed. I hope this truck situation resolves soon. I really want to find the right truck for my husband because he really has treated me well all of our marriage and has never had the nice car to drive. This is something I think he would really be blessed by. Plus, he has no heat in his old reliable Corolla. It's time to upgrade. And yes, we did take all 6 children with us each time we went to look. It was kinda hairy at times, but we survived.
So, that's about all I can think of at the moment. I will try to be more diligent about updating in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment