Search This Blog

Thursday, February 3, 2011

What am I reading?

Just in case you were curious...

I have mentioned I have 6 children. Our oldest three are 13, 11 and 9yrs old. We are preparing for the future onslaught of teen angst. I picked up a couple of books at our Lifeway Christian Store directed to teens. These books are proving to be right in line with our goals for the children. I have often said that the benefit of homeschooling for teens is that they can try out so many adult tasks while they are still under the provision of their parents' homes. The books are written by Alex and Brett Harris. These young twins served as interns to the Alabama Supreme Court before they were 18. They have championed the cause of urging teens to cast off the culture of slackers and consumerism and to get out there and make something of themselves; to make a difference! I love it. I have both Do Hard Things and Start Here. My oldest and I are reading them together for now. When we finish, our 11 year old will start them. Love it. Check them out. And while you are there, poke around the site. You will be impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment