Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Christmas EVE for a special girl!

I have been trying to make this little plush toy for my neice for weeks. I saw a wonderful tutorial on Happy Together here. I attempted. I failed. miserably. It wasn't the tutorial. It was my crummy sewin'. So, I decided to come up with my own simplified version to suit the sewing skills I have now, otherwise we might be waiting till next year for EVE. So, here I give to you, the Felt EVE with Directive(that's the little plant in the boot, y'all).











I simply cut ot felt pieces in the selected colors using an oval lid. I stitched on the outside instead of turning the whole thing. I trimmed away the excess after I was finished. I trimmed a little more than the last picture but my daughter was eager to wrap something, anything, and she snatched it up and wrapped it before I made any more pictures. ;) I hope you can follow the photos. If not, feel free to leave me a question in the comments and I will answer as best I can. I know you can make one of these and probably a lot prettier than mine ; /  I'd love to see it if you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment