Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Scarf practice

I am trying to learn some new crochet stitches. I am trying to learn a lot of things. My sewing is in it's infancy, my crochet skills are approaching toddlerhood and my knitting is still just a gleam in my eye. Sigh...I really wanna make great stuff! In the meantime, I am practicing stitches on practical projects. I completed a double crochet scarf for my daughter this week. It's one of those awesome swirly yarns. I don't know the correct term but it changes from blue to purple to white and shades in between. It suits her perfectly and she  loves it!
I think these yarns are terrific for beginners because they make my basic skills look much more fancy. I made this one rather wide for a scarf because that's the look she really wanted. It's thick and warm and has her favorite colors.  I have graduated to afgans recently but they are still all one stitch. I want to learn popcorn and shell stitches but I am so scared to try! It's irrational, I know, but it looks too hard. So, what were some of your first crochet projects? What do you think I should try next? I am up to triple crochet, which I think looks fancy. Any seasoned crochet veterans out there up for sharing advice? Any other newbies out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment