Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Resolution run off course

Sigh...I hope I'm not the only one who has lost momentum on their New Year's Resolution. I made a pact with myself to become more aware of my time, spending, and eating. I wan't going to say diet or budget or schedule. I know myself well enought to know that those words would deflate my enthusiasm right away. It just sounds too regimented for my style. My pact was just to carefully think ahead about what I was going to buy or eat or how i needed to spend my time the next few days. I was doing really well until about 3 weeks ago. I let myself get lazy. I am, however, making attempts to get back in gear. I have started writing a menu plan that I can pick and choose meals from a list. I have started making a few meals ahead twice a week. This saves me time in the morning and a few nights a week when we have one of those ready to heat meals.

The time thing is really what is tough for me. As a stay-at-home mom, I have a little more freedom to reschedule what I want. I have taken that opportunity a bit too often lately, making the expectations for the children more uncertain. That results in idle hands and you know what they say about that. I am trying to work back into our old schedule of 8 AM breakfast, 9 AM homeschool, noon lunch and 12:30 nap for baby and quietwork. It's tough to keep things on schedule for me in the mornings. I am not a morning person. I am cranky. And puffy. And I squint a lot. A good morning for me would start at 10:30 if I could choose, but then I miss half the day because you normal people all get up at a decent hour and do stuff and leave me behind. Humph.

What do you find helpful when you are planning your meals? your budget? your schedule? Are you a calendar person? Do you use your checkbook register? Cash envelopes? spreadsheets? what about menu planning? Do you shop the ads?  I plan to take the best of the tips I find and make a post for each to share with you in the coming weeks. So, gimme what you got! Let's band together and get back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment